Sky Data Vault Saves Healthcare Organization From Being Denied Cyber Insurance
The Customer’s insurance company was requiring a more robust backup and recovery for data and servers than what they had in place. After conducting a thorough review of the Customer’s data protection and recovery requirements, SDV recommended a combination of recovery systems. Let’s learn more about these systems and how Sky Data Vault’s solutions helped the Customer meet their insurance company’s cyber security requirements.
Non-profit healthcare organization with five locations in Southern California.
With an increase in ransomware attacks and security risks, insurance companies are implementing robust requirements before offering coverage. Due to an increase in claims, insurance companies have taken steps to re-evaluate risk, including requiring data backups and 10-day recovery capabilities. Many insurance companies also require a 3rd party “post-breach team” to be in place as part of companies’ incident response plans. The Customer did not meet these requirements to have proper cyber insurance.
The Customer turned to their trusted IT Partner who had previously worked with Sky Data Vault (SDV). The Partner introduced the Customer to the SDV team, who then conducted a thorough review of the Customer’s data protection and recovery requirements. From there, SDV recommended a combination of recovery systems.
The first was Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS), ideal for high priority applications and data. The second was Backup as a Service (BaaS), for lower priority data. DRaaS will provide the Customer access to files and folders as well as cloud recovery in under 30 minutes for mission critical servers. With BaaS, the Customer will regain access to their files and folders in near real time.
These data recovery solutions were ideal for the Customer thanks to the quick recovery times and no egress fees, meaning the Customer can retrieve data from the cloud without any extra charges.
Both services are fully managed by SDV, allowing the Customer to focus on their core business while having their data protected. Sky Data Vault helped the Customer implement and transition to disaster and recovery backup services, making it a fast and seamless experience.
- Secured cyber insurance with protected server environments in place, as well as having recoverable mission critical files and folders within 30 minutes of a ransomware attack, site disaster, fire, flood or electrical outage.
- Gained access to a fully flexible and scalable data protection service without adding to their IT team’s workload.
- Maintained budget while adding value thanks to easy-to-understand pricing model of recovery and backup services.
- Gained access to free annual cloud recoverability tests to verify services are functioning properly.
- Demonstrated their value to the Customer by understanding the issues at hand and introducing a unique solution provider to solve the existing challenges.
- Provided affordable solutions with a customer-focused approach.
- Continued work with Customer as a trusted advisor.
- Sky Data Vault’s solution was easy for the Partner and seamless for their Customer.
Contact Sky Data Vault today to see how we can help put your business on the right path through the implementation of resilient backup, DR support, and other critical systems. Email us at email@example.com, or give us a phone call at 1.844.881.8672.